Saturday 3 August 2013

Last Training Session Before I Start Work at Motilo! Friday 2nd August 2013

02/08/2013 Fifth Day of Apprenticeship!

Wooooooooo~ it was the last day of training before I officially start work at my workplace, Motilo! But I am back after next week for another week of training so meh. It was weird to think it was the last day, it felt like I've been here for months! Especially the people in my group, we've all bonded so well together in the last few days so it was quite sad to say goodbye, although we all knew we would see each other again the third week back. Sadly, it was a goodbye to Oliver who usually sits beside me but oh well, I know he's going for the best, to start work and earn money!

I don't exactly remember what we did during the morning till lunch, my memory has completely failed me. If I try thinking hard enough I'm sure I'll remember bits and pieces so give me a second to think...

(2 minutes later)

Hahaha I remember! Yes! It was another presentation!!! No surprise there! We were given some tips of what to do whilst we are at our workplace, and the questions to ask them. These are a few example of the tips we were told:

-Be punctual and be on time!
-Dress professional (although I was told by my line manager to wear whatever I want as it's very casual there) woooo~
-Take down managers contact details
ETC ETC ETC

We were also briefly taught on how to master the handshake! dun dun dun.. the secret is basically, not too soft but not too firm either, no sweat betty hands and to smile and give eye contact.

After lunch we did two group activities which were so much fun! The first activity we had to do was to think of a new product or service and produce a presentation to pitch our idea to the other group. My groups idea was super cool, it was called Ad-Vent and it's partnered with Youtube. It removes all the adverts from the Youtube videos and it can be downloaded as it's an app. The other groups idea was a car called Andern or something which is German for change. It was a hybrid which uses both electricity and petrol to move and it's eco friendly and is partnered with Samsung. The aim of the car's purpose was that the bonnet was able to change colours and can show advertisements too! Both ideas were very unique and very inventive and overall the activity was super fun. For the next activity, we all changed our groups. We had to rank from 1 to 15 on a group of items of importance to a sailor if we were to be on a boat at sea. We had to think really deep to try and match our answers as close to the answers of the real sailor and sadly, my group did not as well as we had thought we did. Sadface. Oh well, overall it was fun!

The last train home with the apprentices was hilarious but sad at the same time. We were all excited for starting work but we were sad as we wouldn't see each other again till the next next week. It was time for us to all part and say goodbye, but I know that when we all see each other again, we'll have so much to talk about so that'll be cool.

I am not exactly nervous but I am bit apprehensive for next week, but I'm sure I'll do just fine and hopefully will enjoy it!

:)










No comments:

Post a Comment